This job might no longer be available.
San Mateo, CA, United States
7 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC has an exciting opportunity for a talented litigation paralegal. In this role, you will work with a seasoned team of attorneys and paralegals in our litigation group. This role will have exposure to the daily functions of a fast-paced legal department. If you are highly organized, have experience supporting attorneys, and have experience as a litigation paralegal, then we’d love to hear from you. Join us at PlayStation, where Greatness Awaits!
The SIE Legal Department provides legal and business advice and guidance in a manner that supports and promotes the goals and business of Sony Interactive Entertainment, and that reflects the ethics and standards of Sony Corporation.
- Support attorneys and work with other paralegals focused on litigation, pre-litigation disputes, and law-enforcement data requests
- Maintain internal litigation case files and calendars
- Assist in company responses to law-enforcement requests for data
- Assist with preparation for presentations and meetings
- Assist outside counsel in using an e-billing software solution
- Assist with litigation budget tracking
- Maintain a library of templates and legal resources
- Scan, copy, and mail documents
- Draft letters and basic agreements
- Upload to and pull contracts from a contract-management database
- Various other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years’ of paralegal experience in a similar role, preferably in a law firm or corporate legal department environment
- Undergrad degree ( e.g. , B.A. or B.S.) or alternative relevant experience
- Strict confidentiality with internal information
- Strong organization and communication, both written and spoken
- Ability to manage multiple calendars and projects effectively and efficiently
- Strong ability to use word-processing and email applications ( e.g. , MS Word, Excel, G Suite Docs, Outlook)
- Experience with Pacer, Lexis-Nexis, Conga Novatus and SimpleLegal
- Paralegal certificate
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.