Learning Experience Designer
15 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators , San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We Are Looking For:
Skillz is looking for a Learning Experience Designer who has devotion to learning. We are investing in our employees to ensure that each & every person is set up for success & enabling them with the resources to grow with us.
You will be expected to the content for our growing programs such as on-boarding, management training, & so much more on an ongoing basis.
What You will do
- Design and deliver macro and micro learning experiences (Short videos, nudges, workshops, labs, etc.) that are bespoke, science-based, and results-driven
- Creates learning solutions using instructional design processes in support of both large-scale learning programs as well as “bite-sized” modules
- Work with the Head of L&D and learning drivers to determine onboarding & learning needs across the company
- Lead and facilitate workshops and professional development programs
- Act as a learning & development partner for all Skillzians and provide subject matter expertise
- Conduct task/impact analysis using standard department techniques ie. surveys, focus groups, interviews, etc.
Your Skillz :
- 3+ years of experience in an instructional design or learning & development
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Instructional Design, UX, Human-Centered Design, or equivalent field
- Superb written and oral communication skills; a communication style that exhibits expertise, confidence, and customer sensitivity
- Ability to use digital training authoring software, (e.g., Storyline,, Articulate Rise, etc.)
- Hands on expertise in building journey maps and applying design thinking’s human-centered approach
- Proficiency using learning technologies and agile methodologies
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.