Lead Visual Designer
4 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What you’ll do
Epic is looking for passionate Lead Visual Designers. In this position you will lead and manage a team of visual designers working on major initiatives of Fortnite (E.g., Gameplay UI, the Battlepass, or Social Systems). You will guide your team to produce well thought out features and systems by generating high fidelity mockups, prototypes, design systems, and style guides. You will then work with a multi-disciplinary team to ship these features to millions of players around the world.
In this role, you will
- Inspire, mentor, and manage a Visual Design team (between 2-4).
- Roll up your sleeves from time to time and create game menus, HUD elements, in-world graphic design, logos, iconography systems, and motion graphics.
- Contribute to the new vision for Fortnite’s UI that we’re working towards.
- Work closely with UX, game design, code, audio, and animation to create beautiful looking UI and graphic design elements Present and pitch designs to Product Managers, Developers, and Stakeholders.
- Work quickly and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Collaborate with other UX/UI Craft leads to ensure great communication is happening and stronger cross team relationships are built.
What we’re looking for
- You have 2-4 years of experience managing a team of 1-4 people or equivalent training.
- 7+ years of experience designing in game UI and/or other visual displays for games, movies, or websites, etc.
- You have 7+ years of experience working in Agile environments and on multi-disciplinary teams.
- You are skilled with Figma, the Adobe Suite, and prototyping software.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and at least 5+ years of experience presenting to other team members and stakeholders.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine and designing and/or building 3D graphics.
- You have worked on AAA game titles.
- Unreal Motion Graphics UI Designer experience.
- Experience with building materials in Unreal Engine.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.