Lead Vehicle Artist
8 days ago
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for an experienced Lead Vehicle Artist to join our team!
The Lead Vehicle Artist will work closely with the Vehicle Art Director and Vehicle Content Team to facilitate the creation of spaceships and ground vehicles for Star Citizen’s Persistent Universe. They will oversee a team of Vehicle Artists, ensuring that projects are on track and in-line with the vision of the Art Director and Design Team.
Our vehicles range from small single seater fighters all the way up to capital sized ships and everything in between. Many of our vehicles have fully realised interiors, which makes this role a hybrid of vehicle artist and environment artist.
The Lead Vehicle Artist will be working at the leading-edge of development for the record-breaking crowd-funded project, space-simulation FPS MMO “Star Citizen” and the action-packed cinematic story campaign “Squadron 42” with its star-studded cast including Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, John Rhys-Davies, and Mark Strong (to name just a few).
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out -
What do our Lead Vehicle Artists do?
- Mentor, supervise and manage a team of talented Vehicle Artists; working closely with them to deliver vehicles to a high level of detail and visual quality.
- Work closely with the Vehicle Art Director to ensure that their creative vision is translated into the game.
- Collaborate with the other disciplines in the Vehicle Content Team to ensure our vehicles meet the strict functional standards our project demands.
- Work closely with Production and Directors to ensure projects are well planned and scheduled.
- Proactively identify workflow issues, working with other teams to discover solutions.
What do we expect from our Lead Vehicle Artists?
- Proven professional game development experience.
- Demonstrable experience in a leadership role.
- Mastery of modern hard-surface techniques and workflows.
- Skilled communicator, interacting with a cross disciplinary team effectively and consistently both in person and through text.
- Inherent ability to bring out the best in people, remain positive, and motivate and influence other disciplines.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.