Lead VFX Artist
10 days ago
WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet, a studio making online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. Our passion is broadly shared; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond.
WHO YOU ARE
ArenaNet is currently seeking a talented, passionate, and experienced Lead VFX artist to join our team. The Lead VFX artist will oversee and collaborate with a skilled team of VFX artists, and work closely with the Art Director and Design leads to create spectacular visual effects for players, creatures, and items, bringing the magic (both figuratively and literally) to life.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and supervision for the VFX art team
- Work closely with designers to visualize VFX for gameplay, creatures, environment, and events
- Coordinate with production: the Lead VFX artist is the primary point of contact for all VFX scheduling and scoping decisions
- Create VFX assets using propriety and commercial tools
- Maintain visual cohesion with the GW2 art style
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Experience with shader development
- Industry experience in all stages of game development from preproduction to ship
- Strong Portfolio demonstrating excellent understanding of particle systems, animation, simulations, modeling, and texture painting
- Experience as an Art lead or manager
- 3D art generalist, competent in multiple areas of asset creation
- Strong working knowledge of Maya
- Highly motivated, self-starter, creative thinker
- Able to creatively solve problems
PLUSES (NICE TO HAVES)
- Background in painting, concept art, or animation
- Ability to model and texture objects within a range of styles (painterly to realistic)
A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work. Please include links to your current portfolio when applying.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.