Lead Unity Engineer
13 days ago
Lead Unity Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, AU
Who are we?
Tripledot Studios was founded by a team of industry veterans from some of the biggest names in mobile games such as King, Peak Games, Facebook, and Product Madness. Tripledot was recently recognised by the Financial Times as “The Fastest Growing Company in Europe”, and even more recently “Best Developer Award” at Pocket Gamer 2023!
We are a rapidly growing mobile games studio, offering a great environment to attract the top talent. Our mission is to bring the knowledge and experience of a chart-topping mobile games company into a close-knit, collaborative environment.
Our guiding principle as a team is that when people love what they do, what they do will be loved by others. The studio is filled with people who love taking things apart and figuring out how they work. We enjoy problem-solving and most importantly, we LOVE making games!
Now, we're excited to announce our expansion into Melbourne, Australia. This 'Innovation Hub' will pioneer new, experimental mobile games in the casual genre, acting as a startup within the wider Tripledot Studios environment, you’ll be part of creating a hotbed for new, innovative casual mobile games..
We are looking for a talented Game Development Engineer to join our Innovation team in Melbourne.
As the Game Development Engineer within our Innovation Hub, you'll have the chance to combine technical expertise with a passion for innovative gameplay - you will be a leading contributor in the development of unique and engaging games.
This role is a blend of creativity, intuition, and data-driven decisions. You'll work alongside our Chief Product Officer, as well as a Product Director and Lead Artist, creating a dynamic, collaborative environment where your collective expertise and leadership will truly shine.
- Lead and develop the Unity development team
- Mentor team members
- Develop new titles and features and support live operations
- Optimise game performance - look after frame rate and memory use
- Design and plan architecture, and implement code
- Explore new technical and tool choices for the team
- Be heavily involved in prototyping and design discussions from an early stage
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Several years’ experience growing and managing Unity Development teams in the mobile games industry
- Experience mentoring team members
- Know how to interview and network to build a strong team
- Full life-cycle experience on mobile game development and live operations, ideally in F2P titles
- Extensive experience working with the Unity engine and C#
- Mobile games development experience for iOS and Android, ideally F2P titles
- Understanding of UI and Unity graphics pipeline
- Have a good understanding of Object-oriented design principles and patterns