Lead UX Designer
24 days ago
We are DICE, the award-winning studio with locations in Stockholm and Gothenburg, Sweden, best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise.
We are now part of a set of global studios building a connected Battlefield universe, developing Battlefield’s one-of-a-kind multiplayer suite, while also building a team to support our new Seattle-based studio, Ridgeline Games, who are leading the development of a single-player narrative campaign.
We strongly believe our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products, and are always looking for diverse game creators to join us in Stockholm, Gothenburg or working remotely, to help us build the best Battlefield experiences and make our studio the best in the industry.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and experienced UX designer with experience leading small teams to design and deliver industry-leading user experiences for Battlefield 2042 as part of the live service team. You will have a high level knowledge of user-centered design principles and designing for accessibility. You will proactively advocate for the best user experience and will be comfortable engaging with team members at different levels of the organization to present ideas and reach agreement. You will report to the Senior Producer on the project.
This is a great opportunity to shape the user experience for one of the world’s best known game franchises and to work within a world class team.
- Lead a small team to develop UX features and quality of life improvements from concept to completion.
- Understand and apply the game vision to their team.
- Accountable to deliver features and iterations to quality and to product vision.
- Steer feature/content identification, breakdown, and prioritization.
- Align with product owners, craft leads, development directors, designers and community managers, to determine UX goals for new features and improvements to current features.
- Interpret data from user research and community feedback to ensure designs are targeted towards the best possible player experience
- Work with design to create UX specifications and designs with agreement across multiple partners.
- Create user-flows, wireframes, and prototypes through user-centred design techniques.
- Understand accessibility requirements and advocate for solutions that address the needs of our entire audience.
- Present designs to multiple partners and promoting the user experience across the game.
- Document processes and standards for the UX team while pushing to streamline development of UI related features
- Manage a small number of less senior staff members.
- 5+ years of experience in UX design in the games industry
- Shipped at least 1 PC or console game in a UX design role
- Excellent UX skills, with experience of competitive research, user research, interaction design, wire-framing and prototyping.
- Experience leading a small multi-disciplined team and managing more junior staff members
- Know how to work with UXR to specify research criteria and interpret data/analytics/feedback.
- Experience applying user-centered design methodology.
- Proficient in user experience design tools (e.g. Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe XD, Axure, etc)
Valuable Additional Skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience developing user interfaces for first person shooters.
- Figma experience