Lead UI Artist
14 days ago
Does it frustrate you trying to find a button in a sea of options? Are you tired of disjointed themes and unclear interfaces? Do you savvy the idea of creating or improving on existing designs? Is the itch ever present to make a button so juicy that you have to touch it?
As the Lead UI Artist on The Bazaar , you will design user-focused, multi-platform experiences that are innovative without being obtrusive. You will create balance and harmony from alphabet soup. You understand the importance of designs that are intuitive and drive the eye without confusion. You will work closely with the Director of Art Management, Art Director, and Design team to elevate the player experience and visual interaction. You’ll conceptualize and implement your designs to work across multiple platforms. Collaboration and communication will be key for this role, as you will become the point of contact for UI on The Bazaar.
- 5+ years experience designing UI for games, products, or platforms
- Experience with Figma, as well as Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, or other industry design and prototyping tools
- Experience in Unity (Implementation a plus)
- Expertise designing across iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android for Developers/ Material Design and an understanding of each platform’s differences and trade-offs
- Experience with mobile design, interaction patterns, and hardware differences/ capabilities (e.g., Gyroscope events, performance tradeoffs)
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- 1 year+ experience working with game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Secondary UX skills outside your core specialty: interaction design, content strategy, user research, information architecture, visual design, UI animation, etc.
- Lead UI conceptualization, creation, and implementation for multiple platforms
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and presentations as needed for proof of concept and implementation
- Participate in the creation and design of secondary elements like design systems, game menus, HUD elements, iconography, UI animation, and VFX
- Clearly present and communicate data-informed design ideas, vision, and strategy through visual storytelling
- Articulate design decisions and communicate your data-informed vision, design rationale and solutions to team members
- Collaborate across teams to create on theme, intuitive interactions that are player-focused and highly functional
- Work with Design discipline leadership across the company to establish best practices and quality standards, and champion user-centered design methodologies
Who we are – Tempo Games Studio:
Tempo Games is a new start-up games studio in production on its first major title. The Bazaar is an infinitely replayable, global, and free-to-play strategy game for all platforms. In this genre-bending title, players take the role of an enterprising adventurer on a quest for wealth and glory in an intergalactic marketplace.
Tempo is seeking to expand its team and hire best-in-class talent. The existing team has collectively delivered more than 100 games, events, and marketing campaigns with the largest companies on the globe, including Amazon, Microsoft, Nintendo, Epic, Sony, Activision Blizzard, Riot Games, Take-Two Interactive, Tencent, and ByteDance.
Tempo fosters a culture of innovation, inclusion, and passion among its team and fans to deliver impactful experiences that shape the way we all create, entertain, and play. We invest everything into our staff, culture, and product.
Compensation and benefits:
Tempo has listed the pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, domain knowledge, interview performance, position level, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
In the United States, the standard annual base pay range for this role is $90,000 and up, depending on the above-mentioned factors. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S.
The salary is just one part of the overall compensation at Tempo. We also offer a package of benefits including discretionary paid time off, paid time off for federal holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and tax-advantaged 401(k) accounts to regular full-time employees.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.