Lead UI Artist
1 month ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Come be part of the excitement and energy! The Harmonix team at Epic seeks a thoughtful and passionate Lead UI Artist to join our exceptional UXUI team, creating best-in-class music gaming experiences.
What You'll Do
As part of Epic, Harmonix is working to create and enable all types of interactive music experiences in Unreal Engine, Fortnite and beyond. In this position you will lead and manage a small team of UI Artists working on major music initiatives. You will use your experience of generating and implementing pixel perfect UI Art and guide your team to produce well thought out features and systems. You and your team will be responsible for generating high fidelity mockups, prototypes, design systems and implementing AAA quality UI Art in Unreal Engine 5. You will work with a multidisciplinary team to ship these features to millions of players around the world.
In this role, you will
- Lead UI Art on a product team.
- Inspire, mentor and manage a small team of UI Artists.
- Be accountable for the quality and consistency of UI Art produced on the product team.
- Be an active part of the product leadership team and identify and scope feature work.
- Work collaboratively with UX Design, Tech Design and Code to create AAA quality UI experiences.
- Actively participate in the creation and implementation of design systems, game menus, HUD elements, Iconography, UI materials and shaders, UI animation and motion design.
- Working quickly and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Be flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity.
- Contribute to shipping product team features on time and to quality.
- Flag new and emerging design patterns or systems from the product team to UI Art Directors.
- Collaborate with the greater UXUI Department to ensure consistency and quality is maintained across Fortnite as a product.
- Work collaboratively with UI Art leadership on discipline planning, resourcing, recruitment and training.
- Collaborate with other UX/UI Craft leads to ensure great communication is happening and stronger cross team relationships are built.
- Present and pitch designs to Product Managers, Developers, and Stakeholders.
What we're looking for
- 7+ years of experience designing and implementing in-game UI.
- You have 7+ years of experience working in Agile environments and on multi-disciplinary teams.
- You are skilled with Figma, Adobe Suite, or other comparable design software.
- You have experience implementing AAA quality UI Art in Unreal Engine or other comparable game engines.
- You are passionate about training and mentoring your team.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience presenting to other team members and stakeholders.
- You are a service oriented, empathetic, and compassionate leader.
- Interest in music and music gaming experiences.
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$147,200 — $215,900 USD
California Base Pay Range
$129,500 — $215,900 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$123,600 — $202,900 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.