Lead Tools Programmer
Bordeaux Nouvelle-Aquitaine fr
22 days ago
We are currently looking for a Lead Tools Programmer. In the programming teams of the Bordeaux production studio, you are in charge of maintaining and providing new tools for production. You will have to meet the current challenges that are ergonomics, automation and procedural generation. Your main tasks are:
- You will lead a team of Programmers responsible for enhancing the game content production team, production tools and pipelines in direct collaboration with Artists & Designers.
- You will participate as well in the development of the Framework common to all these tools as in the development of tools specific to certain trades.
- You will interact directly with various profiles such as Texture Artists, Level Designers, Gameplay Programmers or Sound Designers.
- You will collaborate with international teams – especially tools teams – to ensure consistency of developments and information sharing.
- You profit from your privileged vision of the production to identify the problems of the teams and to propose innovative and effective solutions.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar function or in video game tools development
- You already have experience in team management or a strong affinity to go towards management
- You must have C# experience and a good knowledge of Windows interface development (WPF)
- Strong knowledge of C ++, Python is a bonus
- You have the basics of ergonomics and know the processes of UX design
- A Global knowledge of digital content creator tools like Houdini, 3DSMax/Maya/Blender, Substance Designer, … is nice to have
- An understanding of Perforce and versioning system is an asset
- You have a strong level of English
- You have a very good relationship and an ease to work in a team - you aim to please
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge. Take entertainment to the next level, join us and create the unknown!
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 270 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, and the Streaming team.