Lead Technical Director, Ziva Production Services
1 month ago
Unity's Ziva Dynamics team is searching for a Lead Technical Director, reporting to Ziva’s VP of Creative!
We are looking for a candidate with hands-on work producing solutions, as well as leading team members, mentoring and training junior team members and keeping track of work status to provide updates to Ziva’s Head of 3D and Ziva’s VP Creative.
Are you adaptable and willing to embrace the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment? Do you want to work on projects that are leading in the industry? We often work in uncharted areas that require a combination of both R&D and known approaches to using the Ziva tools and techniques to produce superior results that contribute to shaping the future of 3D character creation.
Then keep reading below!
What you’ll be doing
- Working on high-profile projects with industry leading customers, innovations of real-time character realism including rigging, modeling, animation, simulation and rendering.
- Solving sophisticated technical problems by exploring creative and technical solutions in emerging areas of 4D scanning and machine learning technologies.
- Driving creative, technical decisions independently with minimal direction.
- Documentation of requirements and processes for technical solutions.
- Leading and supporting multiple projects at a time.
What we’re looking for
- Lead experience working in feature films and/or AAA games
- An ability to work independently and in a team environment, where you contribute back as much as you will learn in an environment that fosters creative problem solving and experimentation.
- Deep understanding of Maya and comfortable learning and contributing to the development of proprietary tools and pipelines
- Experience with at least one scripting language (python preferred)
- Comfortable with creating prototypes to identify functional requirements and communicating to engineering teams to productize the results
You might also have
- Experience using Unity or real-time engines in areas related to rendering and graphics
- Experience working with producers to define scope of work and timelines
- Experience leading and mentoring a team
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.