This job might no longer be available.
Lead Technical Artist
13 days ago
Lead Technical Artist
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, AU
Who are we?
Tripledot Studios was founded by a team of industry veterans from some of the biggest names in mobile games such as King, Peak Games, Facebook, and Product Madness. Tripledot recently won Tech Growth Business of the Year!
We are a rapidly growing mobile games studio, offering a great environment to attract the top talent. Our mission is to bring the knowledge and experience of a chart-topping mobile games company into a close-knit, collaborative environment.
Our guiding principle as a team is that when people love what they do, what they do will be loved by others. The studio is filled with people who love taking things apart and figuring out how they work. We enjoy problem-solving and most importantly, we LOVE making games!
What you'll be doing...
At Tripledot, a Technical Artist is a Unity expert; the critical link between art and code, able to tackle any number of varied tasks within the engine including, but not limited to:
- Designing and implementing the ‘Unity layer’ which links the art and animation of the game artists to the functionality of the programmers’ underlying codebase.
- Constructing games within Unity, including the use of Unity UI, in accordance with our in-house technical workflow.
- Writing custom components in C# when control over complex visual elements is required.
- Optimizing the games so that they run smoothly and efficiently on the widest possible range of mobile devices.
- Creating animations, particle effects and custom shaders when necessary.
- Supporting and mentoring game artists on technical issues.
You’ll be responsible for maintaining a high degree of polish and quality across all our games, ensuring that they look and feel fantastic
Who you are...
- Expertise in the Unity engine and Unity UI in particular.
- Experience of different architectural approaches to building a game in Unity, especially with regards to making it possible for multiple disciplines (art, animation, audio) to work independently in the engine.
- The ability to write clean, performant C# code when necessary.
- A drive to solve problems in a thoughtful, elegant way.
- The drive to proactively clean up or fix unoptimised assets and knowing when to do so.
- Experience working closely with programmers, and the ability to communicate technical information to them remotely.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience working with Git and knowledge of its best practices.
- Unity Editor scripting ability.