Lead Technical Artist
19 days ago
We’re looking for a Lead Technical Artist to join our studio in Boston to work on Project Orion - the follow-up to Cyberpunk 2077 and the next major video game in the Cyberpunk franchise. Your unique skillset & background will help shape the workflows of the future. We value ownership of the technical and artistic solutions you provide. You will also be the driving force behind growing and maintaining effective teams, providing feedback, and nurturing the development of team members. There is space to embrace your passion, share knowledge, and inspire others.
- Leading development of the Technical Art matters.
- Working closely with artists and engineers on creating optimized, high-quality visual assets, tools and pipeline solutions.
- Leading efforts to solve complex technical art challenges.
- Defining and documenting technical art processes, tools and good practices.
- Maintaining the content creation pipeline.
- Communicating and cooperating with other teams, while pursuing common goals.
- Inspire and mentor the Technical Art team, building an environment of creativity, trust and excellence.
- Cultivating the team culture in line with the company’s values and goals.
- Cascading and escalating information.
- Making Employment Decisions.
- A keen artistic eye, with an emphasis on urban and architectural aesthetics.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Technical Artist and experience in Leading a team.
- Experience crafting shaders tailored for urban environments, with a strong understanding of urban material properties.
- Solid portfolio demonstrating expertise in procedural urban generation and relevant shaders.
- Profound knowledge of tools like Houdini, World Machine, and Substance Designer, and their applications in cityscape and/or terrain generation.
- Experience with UE4/UE5 and blueprints.
- Outstanding creativity and a very strong commitment to a project.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Good attitude towards receiving feedback and exchanging knowledge.
- Avid and passionate gamer.
Nice to have
- Scripting proficiency in languages relevant to procedural generation, such as Python or VEX.
- Experience with real-world urban planning or architectural principles.
- Prior involvement in AAA titles featuring expansive cityscapes.
This job requires working in Boston, US.
Working mode: in-office in a hybrid or full-time capacity.
Health & Well-being
- Company paid medical healthcare (dental vision & mental).
- Paid Leave — 20 days of holiday for every team member per year (26 days after two years).
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Gym Membership Reimbursement.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — regular chances to nab some cool swag!
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. Want to dive deeper into our company’s culture? Explore our social media and check out our YouTube channel where we share behind-the-scenes insights and stories direct from our team members!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.