This job might no longer be available.
Lead Technical Artist - Triple Tile
13 days ago
Lead Technical Artist - Triple Tile
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: London, UK
Reporting To: Ugis Brekis
Who are we?
Tripledot Studios was founded by a team of industry veterans from some of the biggest names in mobile games such as King, Peak Games, Facebook, and Product Madness. Tripledot was recently recognised by the Financial Times as “The Fastest Growing Company in Europe”, and even more recently “Best Developer Award” at Pocket Gamer 2023!
We are a rapidly growing mobile games studio, offering a great environment to attract the top talent. Our mission is to bring the knowledge and experience of a chart-topping mobile games company into a close-knit, collaborative environment.
Our guiding principle as a team is that when people love what they do, what they do will be loved by others. The studio is filled with people who love taking things apart and figuring out how they work. We enjoy problem-solving and most importantly, we LOVE making games!
What is the role?
This role centres around expertly combining Unity knowledge with an understanding of art and coding. As the Lead Technical Artist at Triple Tile you will facilitate smooth collaboration across departments, utilizing excellent communication skills. Responsibilities include managing complex tasks through effective prioritization, planning, and time management. The role is crucial in driving creative projects, requiring a proactive approach and a generalist mindset within our dynamic studio environment.
More about the game
Triple Tile: Match Puzzle Game brings together the relaxing game elements of mahjong and beautiful 3D tiles as well as exciting locations - from Greek seasides to Amazonian forests.
What you'll be doing...
- Leading the technical art team by example, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Acting as a key liaison between the art, engineering, and product teams.
- Leading in planning and estimating tasks, aligning project timelines with studio goals.
- Providing technical guidance and support to the wider team, helping to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical challenges in art production.
- Designing and implementing the ‘Unity layer’ which links the art and animation of the game artists to the functionality of the programmers’ underlying codebase.
- Constructing games within Unity, including the use of Unity UI, under our in-house technical workflow.
- Writing custom components in C# when control over complex visual elements is required.
- Optimizing the games so that they run smoothly and efficiently on the widest possible range of mobile devices.
- Creating animations, particle effects and custom shaders when necessary.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Proven experience in leading a team, with the ability to mentor and guide team members towards excellence.
- Experience in strategic planning and accurate estimation of tasks, aligning with project timelines and company objectives.
- Experience in optimizing technical art workflows to enhance team efficiency and creative output.
- Expertise in the Unity engine and Unity UI in particular.
- Experience with different architectural approaches to building a game in Unity, especially with regards to making it possible for multiple disciplines (art, animation, audio) to work independently in the engine.
- The ability to write clean, performant C# code when necessary.
- A drive to proactively clean up or fix unoptimised assets and knowing when to do so.
- Experience working closely with programmers, and the ability to communicate technical information to them remotely.
- Experience working with Git and knowledge of its best practices.
- Unity Editor scripting ability.
What does working at Tripledot mean for you
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- Regular company events and rewards
- Private Medical Cover
- Life & Critical Illness Cover
- Dental Cover
- Health Cash Plan
- Continuous Professional Development Fund
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension Plan (net salary deductions - Auto-enrollment Government Scheme & 4% Contributory Scheme that employees can opt into
- Fertility Support