Lead TD Image
4 days ago
Under the supervision of the TD Supervisor, the Lead TD Image manages a Team of TDs contributing to the final look of the image. Working with teams of the Surfacing/Texturing and Lighting departments and collaborating with the supervisors of these departments (and their artists) in order to improve and maintain the tools used daily, and also creating new ones when necessary. The Lead TD Image is part of the Pipeline team and as in any teamwork, may be required to assist teammates on other tasks than those expected of the position. Also in contact with the Softwares team, they participate in the good communication and collaboration between these 2 teams.
- Lead and technically guide the team to establish a high level of quality in the tools delivered while respecting production deadlines
- Implement effective strategies to meet project requirements
- Provide creative ideas and solutions to improve visual and technical quality
- Develop tools and procedures to support the creative process
- Understand the visual requirements for the film, and design procedures, techniques and tools that will enable these to be met
- Organize, priorities and support the Surfacing and Lighting teams in resolving day-to-day issues through the correct communication channels
- Ensure the maintenance and improvement of the Mikros Animation 'Tools Box' of the Surfacing and Lighting departments
- Collaborate with other Lead TDs upstream and downstream to the Lighting and Compositing departments and provide them with the necessary assistance to guarantee the efficiency of the data flow
- Work according to Mikros Animation coding style
- Liaise with the software team to ensure compliance with internal practices
- Ensure the follow-up and the relevance of the creation and update of the technical documentation of the developed tools
- Test and validate new versions of pre-existing tools, both interactive ones (mainly Substance/Nuke) and in an active production environment
- Optimize the workflow of the Look Dev department
Skills and experience required…
- A first experience in team management
- Strong knowledge of Python development
- Previous experience as a TD on animated feature film, animated television series and/or VFX feature film projects
- Thorough understanding of Surfacing, and Lighting
- Knowledge of Maya, Substance Suite (Designer, Painter), Katana, Mari, Photoshop, Nuke, Arnold / Renderman
- Advanced level of understanding of 3D packages, rendering technologies and lighting principles
- Ability to code review and troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Ability to quickly understand the use of commercially available and proprietary software tools
- Be able to organize your work efficiently and prioritize the artists' requests while meeting the expected production deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner with various personality types
- Ability to work collaboratively and share knowledge
- Coding in C++
- Experience with color management pipelines solution like ACES/OCIO
- Be familiar with Agile/Scrum methods
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio, part of Technicolor Creative Studios, located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.