Lead Systems Designer
25 days ago
For our new Boston studio, we are seeking a visionary, highly skilled Lead Systems Designer to build and mentor a new team in North America. You will contribute to creating worlds through design and its translation into systems enhancing the game’s experience. We are looking for someone who is talented, clever, collaborative, and passionate about role-playing games.
- Close cooperation with our Design Director and the rest of the design teams in order to deliver consistent, engaging and player friendly systems into our game.
- Create, develop, implement and manage game systems such as progression, crafting, crowd and population systems and more.
- Ensure that systems designs are clearly communicated to everyone involved in their implementation through documentation, meetings and relationships.
- Management, mentorship and guidance of a team of systems designers.
- Acting as a subject matter expert, sharing knowledge with the rest of the teams and improving the process of systems design.
- Quality check and review ongoing development to ensure proper course corrections as often as needed.
- Participation in reviews and providing feedback to the team.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in game systems design with at least one shipped AAA title.
- Proven success in creating compelling and innovative systems in a role-playing game.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team, fostering a collaborative and inclusive working environment.
- Proficiency in clear communicating of complex concepts, including experience in creating detailed project documentation.
- Passion for game systems design and the ability to effectively share knowledge with other team members.
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine, with experience in implementing and iterating game systems.
- Very strong problem-solving abilities and openness for changes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate design ideas and concepts clearly.
- Passion for role-playing games and a deep understanding of player expectations in the genre.
This job requires working in Boston, US.
Working mode: in-office in a hybrid or full-time capacity.
Health & Well-being
- Company paid medical healthcare (dental vision & mental).
- Paid Leave — 20 days of holiday for every team member per year (26 days after two years).
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Gym Membership Reimbursement.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — regular chances to nab some cool swag!
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. Want to dive deeper into our company’s culture? Explore our social media and check out our YouTube channel where we share behind-the-scenes insights and stories direct from our team members!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.