Lead System Designer - Unannounced AAA project
13 days ago
As a Lead Systems Designer at Ubisoft Barcelona, you will guide the mustidiscplinary team responsible for several bosses, enemies and gameplay features on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and continue their mission to develop exciting new features within existing systems or develop new systems from the ground up. You’ll champion a highly iterative development process and guide the team towards efficiency and design quality.
With a player-oriented mindset, you will help your designers take designs from concept to fully playable prototypes, and further adjust and balance those features to a polished, AAA standard. During this process, you will channel the talents of your team members and inspire them to do their best work.
Thanks to your expertise, leadership skills, and ability to make informed decisions, not only can your own team look to you for information and direction, but so can others. You’re a go-to person for advice and a valuable resource for the studio.
· Work closely with the Game Design Director to understand the high-level vision for the various features/systems.
· Design features and systems that support the creative and game directions (e.g. AI behaviours, boss fights and enemies, combat modes, player engagement, etc.).
· Collaborate with designers, programmers, and artists to ensure consistency across the board and strive for the best collaborative results.
· Provides technical leadership by setting guidelines and benchmarks for the team, ensuring their technical workflow is efficient and reliable.
· Constantly participate in finding solutions to fix buggy features and optimize systems, pushing for reworks when they are necessary to reach the expected quality.
· Meet with your team to discuss progress, tackle setbacks, provide feedback, set benchmarks, etc.
· Manage each team member’s career progression, ensuring their goals are understood and followed on a regular basis, and deliver the results in the annual performance review.
· Adapt to technical and production constraints, adapting designs when and as often as needed.
· Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the industry & develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
· At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of game design, with an emphasis on driving combat experiences from conception to final polish.
· Experience with game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) and productivity software (word processors, spreadsheets, etc.).
· A highly innovative, empathetic, and collaborative spirit
· Exceptional mentorship, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
· Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
· Ability to sift through data and come to meaningful conclusions
· Relevant experience with scripting and programming languages a plus
· A solid understanding of the market and a passion for video games
Few words about Ubisoft Barcelona studio:
The studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! I bet that you know Barcelona for sure! Either for its amazing architecture, monuments and parks, famous nightlife with bars, restaurants and clubs, super weather and beaches, popular sport culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different food, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-mind and dynamic people. Exciting no?
As employee as much as citizen, we encourage you to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture for our talented team to produce the best AAA games in the videogames industry. We also encourage all our employees to invest time in playing any type of games, and if it’s together, even better!
In Barcelona studio, everyone feels like at home!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to have you!
List of benefits:
- Monthly Restaurant tickets
- Preferential price for medical insurance
- Sports / activities deal
- Access to transport tax deductions
- Free access to all Ubisoft games (PC)
- Discount for Ubisoft console games
- Fresh fruits / drinks
- Friday Morning Breakfast
- Friday afternoon free
- Flexible working hours
- Team building events
- Assistance for opening Bank account
- Assistance for house contract/ documentation review
- Assistance for local registration (NIE, SSN, Tax)
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy's The Division 2.