Lead Software Engineer - Singapore
7 days ago
ES Singapore is a brand-new studio with big ambitions and a forward-thinking approach to game development, following in the footsteps of its world-class HQ in Brighton, United Kingdom. We can offer you an award-winning working environment with an employee satisfaction rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor. At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
The Lead Software Engineer will be crucial to the development of our studio, a leader of our technical efforts. This person will be a champion for the technical capabilities of our studio and will lead our development team to reach greater heights.
A Lead Software Engineer at Electric Square:
- Leads code team, passing on experience and expertise and leads by example.
- Develops technical design specifications for complex projects and implements them.
- Designs, develops, writes, tests and implements systems and game code.
- Works with designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development process as required to create the highest possible quality product.
- Tests and refines gameplay features throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Mentors and conducts regular one to ones with project engineering team.
- Estimates own tasks and delivers high quality code to that schedule.
- Performs code reviews with the team to ensure code quality.
- Able to communicate effectively with our clients and maintain strong relationships with them.
- Highly proficient in C++.
- At least 5 years experience working in the video games industry.
- Knowledge of industry standard development practices: source control, asset pipelines, issue tracking, external QA and localisation teams.
- Worked on and shipped at least two recent AAA titles.
- Exposure to post-launch on-going product development and delivery.
- Continuous integration and build automation experience.
- Worked in an Agile development environment.
Please also let us know if you have:
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development.
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics.
- Understanding and experience of cloud server and network backend systems.
When you join Electric Square Singapore you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
• Holidays - 19 days’ annual leave entitlement plus an additional 4 days studio closure over the end of year festive period plus all Singapore bank holidays.
• Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
• Team Project Bonuses
• Private Medical and Dental Insurance Scheme – You will be entitled to participate in the Company’s private medical & dental insurance scheme.
• Group Income Protection
• Health and Well-being Allowance – $90 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It's on us!
• Group Life Insurance
• Volunteer Time Off ‘Electric Square in the Community’ – Spend one day per year on full pay volunteering for the non-profit organisation of your choice.
• Tech Scheme – Interest free company loan to buy Tech, which will be deducted from your monthly salary for the duration of the loan.
• Contributory pension scheme.
• Cycle to Work Scheme – Interest free company loan to buy a bicycle/bicycle accessory, which will be deducted from your monthly salary for the duration of the loan.
• Free Fresh Cooked Electric Square Monthly Friday Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches bought to us by one of many amazing local pop-up diners – A wonderful way to catch up with everyone on a Friday!
- Free Awesome Swag – Sleek Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the iconic Electra symbol emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Exclusive anniversary presents – After your first and third year as an Electron to say a big thank you for your continued dedication and commitment to Electric Square.
- Free roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Free Breakfast Bars – For when you need that extra boost at breakfast time.
- Fresh Fruit – Provided daily.
- Cookies & Biscuits – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Electra's Beer Fridge – Free beers, ales. Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to.
- Fantastic studio in the centre of Singapore
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Singapore has to offer.
- Christmas & Summer Parties– Fantastically fun Summer and Christmas parties!
- Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get everyone out seeing what’s going on.
At Electric Square, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.