Lead Software Engineer, Netcode - Unannounced Survival Game
23 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Lead Software Engineer, Netcode - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer, Netcode who will define and develop the networking architecture responsible for synchronizing game objects and systems for our ambitious project. . By directly managing a team of engineers and collaborating with project leadership, designers, and production, you will help schedule and prioritize clear and achievable goals for the Netcode team.
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you’re looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
“This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA.”
We need help with
- Managing, evaluating, and mentoring the engineers of the Netcode team. You'll be expected to conduct regular one-on-one meetings with your team, provide positive and constructive feedback, conduct yearly reviews, and evaluate potential new-hire candidates to join the Netcode team.
- Working with project leadership, design, production, and the engineers of the Netcode team to schedule and prioritize clear and achievable goals each month.
- Working closely with designers, gameplay engineers, and server engineers to architect a network replication system that meets the needs of the project.
- Building tools to help identify and troubleshoot difficult to diagnose network replication issues.
What you are good at
- Building proven, scalable, efficient network replication systems that leverage fundamental techniques (e.g., client predictive behavior, server authority, rollback and reconciliation).
- A solid understanding of core networking fundamentals.
- Caring about the people who work for you, prioritizing their success, and finding ways to motivate and mentor them.
- Writing C++ code
- Collaborating with other engineers, designers, and producers.
- Context switching between attending meetings, writing code, answering questions, and troubleshooting problems.
Extra awesome points for
- Experience working with multiple platforms.
- Previous experience leading a team of engineers.
- Knowledge of ECS programming.
- Systems-level programming experience on Linux.
- Passion for gaming.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $155,500.00 - $287,876.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.