Lead Software Engineer, Gameplay – Diablo
8 days ago
Job Title:Lead Software Engineer, Gameplay – Diablo
The Diablo 4 team is seeking an engineer to join the Gameplay leadership team. In this role, you will be a manager responsible for the development of several engineers, help provide technical vision for Diablo 4 gameplay, and work with leadership of different disciplines to ensure that we’re creating the best possible game for our players.
You will be part of a highly motivated and passionate team with a large amount of responsibility across the entire Diablo 4 gameplay experience, and you will join our current Leads on the Gameplay team.
- Manage, mentor, and be a passionate advocate for a team of gameplay engineers
- Work with design, production, and other gameplay leaders to manage the schedule and backlog
- Provide technical leadership across multiple gameplay systems and features
- Be a leadership resource for engineers across the entire gameplay team
- Foster collaborative connections with all teams
- Promote, contribute to, and participate in our culture of inclusion and diversity
- Be involved in hands-on coding, adding new and expanding existing gameplay features
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games
- Experience performing in a senior software engineering role or equivalent
- Leadership potential or previous leadership experience
- Proficient in C / C++, with a minimum of 5 years programming experience including at least one shipped title
- Experience working closely in multi-disciplinary teams with people of diverse mindsets
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- In-depth familiarity with the Diablo franchise
- Experience playing or developing RPGs, ARPGS, and/or MMORPGS
- Experience working with client / server game systems
- Experience creating and supporting tools used in game development
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or related degree
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.