Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Service Tech
4 months ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Service Tech
We are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who is excited to write frameworks, automation and tools in support of testing our products. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work in both development and testing roles. You’re responsible for the testability, robustness, and performance of our development and testing processes.
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Our team values creativity, collaboration, and a commitment to quality and we are looking for a like-minded quality engineers to join our team. If you are committed to leveraging your engineering skills to ensure quality in the development of our products and provide epic experiences to our players, we want to hear from you!
The Service Tech team primarily supports the Customer Service team and our external customers by producing tools that help allow people to resolve a wide range of needs. This crosses many types of products and platforms to provide services for every game title that Blizzard actively supports and more. You will be a part of the development team, coordinating across disciplines with designers, artists, engineers, and quality assurance analysts. Everyone on our team is empowered to influence the direction of our products, and the ideal candidate will have a passion for quality and player experience. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
General Job Description – Responsibilities
- Develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals
- Identify, design, and deliver technical solutions (frameworks, tests, API hooks, tools) increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing the cost of test execution
- Implement metrics, analyze test data and results to identify patterns, report on risk status to development partners, and influence software quality
- Mentor engineers and analysts to provide technical guidance to individuals and teams
- Share insights, solutions, and best practices within the team and across Blizzard
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality”
- Passion for Quality Assurance
- Strong, proven programming skills (C#, .NET Core and Standard)
- 5+ years of experience as a QA Engineer, SDET, Software Engineer, or similar
- 4+ years of software engineering experience in a professional environment
- Architecture and creation of automation frameworks, test harnesses, and QA tools
- Experience in team management and development of engineering talent
- Experience interpreting large data sets and/or creating data analysis tools
- Self-motivated and willing to participate in all areas of engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization
- Experience with frontend testing using Selenium and/or FlaUI
- Experience with backend testing of RESTful APIs
- Experience with performance and stress testing such as with JMeter
- Experience with TestRail APIs
- Familiarity with CICD Testing best practices
- Familiarity with Jenkins
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.