Server-side Tech Lead, Barcelona
20 days ago
We are looking for an experienced Java/Kotlin developer to join ZeptoLab team as a Server-side Tech Lead to bring fun and happiness to millions of players around the globe!
As a Server-side Tech Lead at Zeptolab, you'll be a part of the infrastructure team and work closely with game development teams and the Common Unity Tech team. You'll be responsible for making sure that our hundreds of thousands of daily players get the best, most uninterrupted experience possible. Do the development of internal server-side related solutions and build the server-side future of the company.
If you have experience in developing live systems, and you understand what it means to support a system with large user volumes, in addition to being interested and excited about working in these areas - this might be a great opportunity for you!
- Work on implementation, deployment and maintenance of highly-scalable and available game/company backend components;
- Contribute to best practices on reliability and availability;
- Work as part of a team improving development process and communication and contributing to company infrastructure.
- Excellent knowledge of infrastructure architecture of server side systems, highload performance maintenance, distributed system deploy;
- Excellent Java/Kotlin programming skills – a minimum of 5 years experience with server-side Java, concurrency handling, and distributed systems;
- Excellent experience with Linux shell and scripting languages;
- Knowledge of TypeScript/Go programming languages is highly recommended or willingness to learn it quickly;
- Knowledge of common devops practises (you will work in close collaboration with devops so it is important that you can talk with them on same technical language and participate in decision making processes);
- Database design and implementation skills, and good SQL knowledge, experience with NoSQL databases, Cassandra and Redis;
- Collaborative mindset and excellent communication skills in English;
- Strong self-organization skills and team management skills;
- Ability to think clearly under pressure. We aim for minimal downtime in our games, and you are expected to be able to respond to and troubleshoot a wide range of issues in a production environment;
- A passionate and autonomous person with high levels of proactivity.
- Enthusiasm towards games in general;
- Familiarity with Nakama;
- Familiarity with Unity;
- Familiarity with C++;
- Familiarity with other JVM-based languages like Scalia, and Groovy;
- Knowledge of network protocols and non-blocking IO;
- Understanding the challenges and caveats of large-scale distributed systems;
- Familiarity with concurrent, event-driven systems;
- Russian is a plus.
Why join us
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- We do something magical and unique – we create great games – and we do it well;
- We operate in a challenging and rapidly growing mobile gaming industry;
- ZeptoTeam - is a cohesive team of enthusiastic professionals - so your input will be heard, and your role in the project will be weighty;
- Our office is cozy and beautiful, you'll have a comfortable working place;
- Diversity and inclusion are important to us. ZeptoLab is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or disability;
- And at last – we'll offer you an attractive compensation package (from wages to social intangible elements. Package includes medical insurance, meals, transportation, fitness and a lot of additional services).