Lead Server Software Engineer
Wizards of the Coast
Gold Coast, Australia
1 year ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a veteran server software designer with experience developing and supporting a live game service?
The Magic: The Gathering Arena team is looking for an experienced engineer to help manage and lead a team of engineers who build and maintain scalable cloud services supporting vast legions of players. In close collaboration with designers, artists, and other engineers, you’ll be one of the main drivers of designs and decisions within the team.
What you’ll do
- Directly manage, guide and supervise a team of software developers while contributing to the entire project
- Design and implement solutions for Magic: The Gathering Arena in alignment with architectural designs and program needs
- Provide consultation on sophisticated projects as a top level contributor/specialist
- Communicate and iterate on technical development with the team and help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise on production environments
- Use your experience to grasp issues quickly and make critical judgments in the absence of complete information
- Use your strong communication and teamwork ability to work with a variety of other departments to build technical requirements without hesitating to initiate dialog with the relevant stakeholders
- Plan and develop technical roadmaps, user documentation and help determine priorities. Gather and analyse requirements
What you bring
- 10+ years software design experience using your strong coding, debugging and problem solving skills
- 5+ years crafting and shipping games and developing online, scalable, high performance applications and components
- 3+ years experience leading and mentoring hardworking software development teams
- Demonstrated ability building software solutions using AWS Technologies
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL data storage technologies
- Experience with scalable distributed systems and process level concurrency
- Solid understanding of containers and orchestration
- Sound knowledge of software engineering, software engineering methodologies, and the impact of early decisions on later development stages of software projects
- Unity development and mobile development are a plus
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.