Lead Quest/Mission Designer (F/M/NB)
18 days ago
As Lead Quest Designer on a new Assassins's Creed AAA game, you will work on the player's interaction with the story. You will manage a team of Quest Designers, collaborate with the Narrative and Design teams and you will participate in the design of narrative systems, content pipelines and their practical implementation.
- Manage a team of level and quest designers;
- Design, write and implement the game's narrative content;
- Collaborate with the project's various Design, Art and Narrative teams to develop innovative missions/quests that fit into the overall vision of the game;
- Participate in the development of a narrative structure, create and maintain scripts/scenes to control the different elements of the game;
- Consider new design ideas and investigate their implementation (new gameplay, AI, cameras, audio, text, objectives, etc.)
- Continuously evaluate the accessibility and difficulty level of your designs;
- Participate in the development of tools and technologies to improve the narrative workflow.
- Previous experience in Quest/Mission Design within AAA projects,
- Experience in open world game storytelling is a plus,
- Experience in team management
- Strong curiosity and general knowledge beyond video games,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English,
- Rigour, creativity, adaptability, autonomy and self-criticism
This position requires to work on site at least 2 days a week.
· Phone Interview with our recruiter
· Interview with our internal teams
· Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 420 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, the Streaming team and with La Forge which seeks to validate the value of technological innovations.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.