Lead Quest Designer
9 days ago
You find yourself dissecting level construction, encounter layouts, and reward systems. You’re highly intrigued by seeing how modifications you make to content change the “hows” and “whys” of player behavior. You have a knack for storytelling and a passion for mobile games.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Senior Quest Designer to join us! We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
As our Senior Quest Designer, we will be:
- The driver of our quests Design and implementation, creating wonderful experiences for millions of players
- Executing on a well-defined vision and goal, combining knowledge of level design, encounter design, and economy design to create experiences that entertain, serve an economic function, and condition player behavior
- Creating a variety of unique content types to reach a varied set of in-game and analytical goals, using creative design solutions both to meet intended targets and create fun for players
- Working with the data team to follow up on the performance of quest content, to see if intent and goals were met, and effectively make tuning changes to accommodate gained knowledge and hit future targets
- Collaborating with multiple disciplines on content creation, leveraging a variety of skills from the whole team to bring your quest vision to completion
In order to be successful for this role, we're looking for:
- 7+ years of game design experience on commercially successful properties
- Experience designing game systems and combat encounters
- Prior Free to Play experience in the mobile market, ideally in RPGs or ARPGs
- Experience working on a Live Operated title
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design
- Familiarity with RPG, BCG, and action genres on mobile, PC, console, and pen-and-paper platforms
- Experience collaborating with cross-discipline teams to implement game features, systems, or tools
- Rock-solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, including documentation and presentation
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and related spreadsheet software
- A strong desire to make the best games in the world alongside others that share your motivation
- Narrative/Storytelling and Scripting skills a bonus
It will be a plus if you also have:
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience leading long-term design direction or setting long-term roadmaps for an area of a game or large game system
- Deep familiarity with and a passion for RPG games, ideally on mobile
- Familiarity with KPIs and data analysis
- Past experience working with a publisher or IP owners
- Prior experience managing the performance of other designers
- Experience setting career goals and managing career growth plans
- Experience building a team is a nice-to-have
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.