Lead QA Tester
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Lead QA Tester | San Diego, CA (Sorrento Valley)
Are you a gamer with an eye for quality and the need to lead?! Then join the PlayStation Studios Quality Assurance team! The PlayStation Studios Quality Assurance department provides quality assurance testing and support for games and/or projects produced by PlayStation Studios and PlayStation.
The Lead is responsible for running the global testing of PlayStation Studios products. The position will lead global testing strategy for the title as well as the assigned resources. The position is the single QA point of contact for the product globally. The general purpose of this job is to ensure that a consistent global test strategy for the product is implemented and clearly handle communication of issues and risk to the appropriate partners on a global scale. This role will drive efficiency through consistent test strategy, test management, and reporting while at the same time providing our customers with a consistent service globally.
- Primary ownership and communication of all Master Test Plans for all assigned projects
- Primary ownership and communication of the global project budgeting for all assigned projects
- Primary ownership and communication to producers and global partners, ensuring that all outbound communication meets a clear standard
- Performing consistent daily observation, research, review, and reporting of operations process adherence for all current assigned projects
- Maintaining, advancing and promoting knowledge in the field of quality assurance and control services revolving around current and potential PlayStation Studios QA operations service offerings
- Consistent collaboration with peer group and applicable department teams to ensure alignment, knowledge sharing and the cultivation of innovation within PlayStation Studios QA
- Participation in yearly performance review process, helping to assemble feedback and sharing it with their direct manager to support performance management on a global level
- Gathering feedback and data to create and facilitate a global facing project post mortem
- At least 5 years in QA Operations
- Expertise in cross cultural business and remote team interaction and leadership
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional critical analysis skills
- Passion for video games
- PC testing experience
- Successful completion and certification of ISQTB® Advanced Level CTAL
- Successful completion and certification in SQE Agile Testing
- Audio focused team member with experience using audio implementation software
- Passion for game audio a plus
- Audio related certification/education a plus
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.