Lead QA Tester
Santa Monica, CA
1 year ago
PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
Are you ready to own the quality and comprehensive testing of our growing mobile games portfolio? PlayQ is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Lead QA Tester to join our team. The quality assurance team focuses on ensuring that our products continuously meet and exceed the high quality bar we have set for our top grossing mobile games as well as our internal tools and services.
As our Lead QA Tester, you will manage the execution of all quality assurance testing and performance profiling while assisting with test planning, localization verification, build distribution, submission and sign-off processes, and the mentoring of other members of the team.
You’re a perfect match for this position if you possess a strong understanding of how to efficiently diagnose, prioritize and delegate testing duties within a deadline-driven environment. If you share in the desire to embrace the exciting challenges that come with mobile game development, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Work with Product and Development teams to identify test requirements and plan testing for features and builds, including releases of our live games, web portal, and backend services
- Attend daily meetings with cross-functional teams as a representative of the QA team
- Prioritize and delegate QA testing and profiling assignments, monitor tasks through completion, and ensure testing schedules are met and releases go out on time
- Oversee the development of the QA pipeline, test plans, and checklists to verify the functionality and performance of new features and apps
- Drive continuous process improvements to increase the efficiency of the QA department
- Record test results, generate written reports that detail the findings/bugs and diagnose issues discovered during testing phase
- Create clear and detailed bug reports and manage bug databases.
- Mentor additional QA resources
- Work in a fast paced environment that requires frequent shift in areas of focus.
- 4+ years hands-on experience in mobile game quality assurance
- 2+ years experience in a senior or lead position within quality assurance
- Contributed to the testing of at least 2 released mobile game titles
- Deep understanding of complete mobile game development, test cycles and software engineering process
- Proven ability to create test cases, checklists and test plans
- Exceptional process and time management, planning, prioritizing and delegating skills
- Ability to facilitate conversations and manage expectations with senior leadership and cross-functional teams
- Comfortable working closely with leads from various disciplines to define the optimal solution for each bi-weekly release
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with superior attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and solve new problems with minimal supervision
- Business perspective to consider commercial and business goals in relation to development tasks
- Experience testing iOS, Android, web based applications and Server and API code
- Experience in Agile Development
- Experience in automated testing
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!