18 days ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers, with well over 600 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS! and Eternal Hope.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As Lead QA you have a passion for games, experience in QA and more importantly, great management skills.
What you tell your friends you do
“Managing teams to make sure the games we release are up to scratch and ready to be played by millions.”
What you will really be doing
- Lead the QA process both in our UK and/or Indian Studios
- Working with stakeholders and heads of department to ensure priorities are understood and expectations set for game releases and updates
- Training and Mentoring the QA testers, improving all aspects of their understanding
- Building test plans and test strategies
- Vetting and ensuring high quality bug reports including: a detailed description, accurate reproduction steps and severity rating, etc.
- Working with Designers, Artists, and Programmers to improve the overall experience by suggesting improvements and changes
- Offering constant feedback to ensure our games achieve their potential
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 150 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 3 years of experience of “hands-on” bug reporting within the mobile games industry having lead a team for at least one year
- Experience testing server dependant applications and writing test plans
- Experience in vetting bugs, managing databases, etc
- A methodical, scientific and analytical mindset
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of the mobile, PC and Console landscape in terms of hardware and software
- Passion for games
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.