Lead QA Analyst
2 months ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, drives for quality and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Lead QA Analyst .
Reporting to the Senior Producer, the Lead QA Analyst will be responsible for the quality of one of our games in development. This role will be part of the project leadership team, defining and executing the strategy for ensuring all aspects of the product are to the highest quality possible. You will work with your own team, production, and the broader game team to draft comprehensive test plans while also overseeing day to day team operations, resourcing, and priorities.
In addition to defining testing needs across the project, you’ll work closely with the game leadership team to provide visibility on the state of the project. Alongside production, you will help develop the metrics needed to inform project scheduling. Beyond the game team, you will coordinate broader testing efforts with our in-house function QA team and external QA groups.
- Create the holistic testing strategy for a new game in early stages of development.
- Own the creation of test documentation such as test specs, TRDs, and test cases.
- Drive issues to closure utilizing data and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Consult with management to inform test budgets and staffing.
- Mentor more junior team members and seed best practices through all QA teams on the project.
- Analyze product quality and usability and report on findings to broader project and studio leadership.
- Identify risks, impact, probability, and create mitigation plans.
- Create and use data-driven methodologies to efficiently direct both internal and external test teams.
- Interface with broader functional, localization, and compliance testing teams.
- Drive internal playtesting initiatives, establish goals and facilitate successful playtests.
- Applicants have held a QA lead or higher role on two or more AAA titles through all stages of the SDLC.
- Applicants have a deep knowledge of QA methodologies and tools as well as software testing standards, having applied those standards at various stages of the SDLC.
- Applicants have experience mentoring junior test team members.
- Applicants have a proven history of creating work packages and effectively coordinating work with external test teams.
The ideal candidate will:
- Able to adapt QA processes to the critical requirements of the product team.
- Posses good team building skills, uniting individuals behind a common goal.
- Keep the customer at the center of their thinking, whether it be players or development partners.
- Alway look for opportunities to work in new ways and improve the process.
- Proactively identify problems and move to address them before they become an issue.
- Make decisions in light of imperfect information while considering the available facts and potential consequences.
- ISTQB Foundation certification and at least one additional specialization.
- Strong understanding of first party platform requirements (Xbox and Playstation TRCs)
- Proficiency with scripting and test automation.
- Experience working with Virtual Reality, and/or Augmented Reality.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.