7 days ago
Generation Zero Lead Programmer
Avalanche Studios Group and its division Systemic Reaction is looking for a Lead Programmer for Generation Zero. A great opportunity if you want to work with a high level and big picture responsibility for a successful IP while leading a group of talented developers.
As a Lead Programmer you'll be responsible for the development of the codebase for our live title. You will work in close collaboration with the Lead Producer and the other Leads for the project to make sure the development plan fits with the Product roadmap.
As a Lead Programmer you'll be responsible for:
- The code capacity within the Generation Zero live team
- The code team’s planning and delivery (within the project’s Leads team)
- Problem-solving with the Leads Team where roadmap or sprint planning may need adjustment
- Communicating with other studio development teams about both requirements on your team, and from your team on them
- Analyzing and delegating features and bugs to the code team
While this primarily is a Lead role there will still be opportunities to do hands-on programming. Good leadership instinct and strong collaborative skills are equally if not more important as strong technical skills in this role.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Extensive experience with Programming in C++ within the gaming industry
- Previously had a Lead Programmer position (or wants to work in a Lead role as a next step, feel free to challenge us!)
We would be extra happy if you also have:
- Experience working within a Live environment
- Worked with Programming in Python
- Worked with Perforce, and with moving changelists between branches
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider candidates who have submitted their CV and who can work from the office in Stockholm a few days a week.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.