Lead Product Manager - Mobile
London England United Kingdom
17 days ago
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally.
At Mediatonic, we have created groundbreaking new PC/console titles like Fall Guys and top grossing mobile games such as Yahtzee® with Buddies Dice. We are looking for an ambitious Lead Product Manager that shares a determination to reach even larger milestones with us in 2021.
As a group, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
We have an unreleased free-to-play mobile game with very high expectations and are in need of a Lead Product Manager with a strong record of launching and scaling successful games to millions of players. You will be a key strategic thinker for the project and must bring a unique blend of creative and analytical skills to lead the execution of the roadmap and a live operations plan.
- Define the game’s business strategy & vision to build a robust product roadmap for development, growth, and live operations.
- Work closely with the game development team to design and implement core features that result in an outstanding gameplay experience for our players and positively impact metrics.
- Build profiles of our target audience and act as the champion for the audience through the life of the project
- Be the core of a Build, Measure, Learn cycle for the team to ensure the team is making smart bets and maintaining a high velocity of experimentation.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
- Bring an understanding of best-in-class F2P feature design and mechanics to the team to support them making the best game possible.
- Work closely with our partners and stakeholders, representing product on the game externally, articulating plan and securing buy-in
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in Product Management in free-to-play mobile games working across live operations, economy balancing, and/or feature design.
- Previous experience with new game development, managing projects from concept to various stages of soft launch and global launch
- Strong passion for games, and regularly play new ones to identify new practices and mechanics
- Deeply analytical, and possesses a knack for detecting oversights and biases in analyses
- Able to draw simple and clear direction of a complex array of data and information
- Experience in launching 30 or more content updates to a global population
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and can deliver convincing proposals to wide, non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of mobile User Acquisition and the suite of tools necessary to optimise and scale marketing campaigns (LTV calculations, ROAS, attribution, etc)
Want to work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.