Lead Product Designer
12 days ago
Lumosity is looking for a Lead Product Designer to help lead new product design and development for the next generation of cognitive training. You’ll be part of a small cross-functional product team as the lead designer, as well as a larger design team focused on bringing the best user-centered design approach to new product development across the company.
- Lead product design for the next generation of cognitive training products.
- Work closely with our science and product teams to translate science and business goals into engaging and delightful design solutions.
- Actively participate in all stages of new product development, from concepting and foundational user research, to building and iterating on an MVP.
- Use qualitative and quantitative feedback to inform product and design strategy.
- Be a leader in the organization for UX and user-centered design — mentoring other product designers and product teams.
- Deliver products that have a tangible impact on people’s lives.
- A strong background in all stages of the UX design process from research to wireframing and a proven track record of solving complex design problems.
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging and interactive user experiences.
- Experience designing a new product from the ground up and an established process for early-stage concepting and prototyping.
- Ability to learn and iterate on design based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Experience leading a design team ideally as head of design for a mobile consumer product.
- A passion for mental health and wellness, and improving people's lives through fun and engaging products.
- A collaborative culture where growth from within is encouraged
- Regular creative learning sessions, skill shares, forums, guest speakers, and workshops
- Continuous learning budget for conferences, professional and skill development
- Competitive benefits (options for individual and/or family medical, dental and vision plans, commuter benefits, parental leave, One Medical membership and much more!)
- Flexible time off
- Gym and cell phone reimbursement
- Catered lunch 4 times a week, fully stocked kitchen & snacks, and dinner when you work late
- Fun social events such as board game nights, work anniversary celebration, weekly happy hours, and quarterly company-wide events
- Team lunches and off-sites (past excursions include creative retreats, cooking classes, escape rooms, and terrarium building)
- We recognize family is important, we host a Bring Your Child to Work Day as well as other kid-friendly offsite events
- We empower employees to give back to our community and our CSR team hosts volunteer events year-round