Lead Outsource Supervisor - Diablo IV
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
17 days ago
Job Title:Lead Outsource Supervisor - Diablo IV
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on Diablo IV. Are you a highly motivated and experienced Art Outsourcing Lead? Come work with us, and together we will build something extraordinary.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we will be a phenomenal fit for you.
Stuff We Will Trust You With
Do you geek out on pipelines, communication, process, relationships, feedback, and all other things connected to successful outsourcing of game art assets? We're looking for an extraordinarily talented Lead Outsourcing Supervisor to come spend some quality time in Sanctuary and delve into the deep dark dungeons of Diablo with us! Your experience will help make our entire art outsourcing department better at producing gorgeous content.
Your responsibilities will range from crafting briefs and managing planning documents to tweaking incoming assets for the Diablo world to make them look as amazing as possible. You’ll also be providing regular, timely and detailed feedback to our external partners to make sure their work is consistently on target. Being the formal head of the team, you will be an active driver and enabler in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews. You will distill clarity out of ambiguity and build energy and momentum whenever there's a lull. You're a listener and a voracious learner. You love being in a dynamic environment where every voice matters, and you passionately believe that being proven wrong is just another opportunity to grow and learn. You will work with your team, other leads, and studio leadership to ensure all assets are consistently meeting the high quality bar Blizzard is known for.
Would you thrive in an environment of peers who are enthusiastic about working on the dark gothic world of Diablo, and would you love making phenomenal games, killing millions of monsters and getting loot? Silly question—we already know you would!
Stuff You Can Rightfully Brag About
You may wonder what it will take to be successful in this role. Well, we’re always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help us become even better than we are today, so these are probably some of your previous achievements:
- Experience partnering with other art leads and an outsourcing manager to identify and nurture external development.
- Maintained best practices, and owned quality control, cohesive visual style, and schedule of all incoming outsourced art.
- Created and managed the workflow and pipeline of all outsourced tasks.
- Managed communication of art team's feedback to external vendors and maintained a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Generated detailed documentation, visual references, examples, procedures, and engine requirements to support external vendors.
- Demonstrated extensive people management skills including career development for internal reports.
- Expert level knowledge of all the various tools used to craft assets for modern game engines.
- Relevant portfolio demonstrating assets created by you in a PBR pipeline, clearly showing game examples of your work.
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group.
- Ability to mentor other Outsourcing Supervisors and provide meaningful feedback.
- Think of yourself as a game developer first, and an artist second.
- Self-starter and driver, excellent communicator, and an amazing team-player.
How You Will Stand Out
Most importantly, we want to get to know your authentic self. Life’s too short to pretend to be something you’re not (unless we’re talking cosplay of course). That said, we hope you have:
- A strong passion and commitment for developing and playing games.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Diablo universe.
- Showing true excitement about how to leverage outsourcing to build efficient production pipelines that are continuously improved upon over time.
- A solid foundation in traditional art.
And yeah, you will need these things to apply
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant skills. Only online work submissions, please. (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Willingness to complete a test if requested to do so.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.