Lead Narrative Designer
16 days ago
Who are Timbre Games?
Timbre Games are a Vancouver based early-stage game development studio with over 100 years of founding leadership. We believe culture drives creative, where we draw on community and diversity to build truly unique experiences.
Our mission is to build a world class network of Game Studios; to provide accessible awesomeness to our players, to our team, to the world.
Everyone has a story. Come write yours!
Who you are:
As a human, you’re a visionary explorer, a pursuer of fun, and focused on building community. You see an opportunity within games to do more and to have more than “ just a job”. You’ve had unique experiences both at work and personally that have expanded your curiosities to seek the root of a problem, to seek out issues, and work with people to explore solutions! Your experiences have made you who you are, and that has led to you understanding the importance of diversity in both thinking and in people. Oh, and games… You may like those, too!
Who you are at work?
You lead with humility in all that you do. You’re a storyteller; someone who feels just as comfortable writing the next blockbuster game as they do sharing laughs and stories with their team. The way you write and connect with others is designed by inclusivity, humour and curiosity and these elements make up some of the foundation in your approach to communication. Importantly, you like to have fun and create a space for others to do so as well!
At Timbre, we take mentoring seriously, and as a lead, we want you to as well. We are here to make amazing games and grow the next generation of game industry people – two goals that are at the heart of who we are.
What impact will you have as a Lead Narrative Designer at Timbre:
- You’ll be hands-on from day one, working closely with our Creative Director to create a vision, tone and voice for the narrative of the game
- Partner with Game Designers to create narrative systems that go hand-in-hand with gameplay
- Being our first Narrative Designer, you’ll drive best practices for Narrative at Timbre before building out your team
- Document, iterate and improve processes to ensure future Narrative Timberoos can get up to speed seamlessly
- Work with Production and other leads to create task estimates and schedules for yourself and the team
- Recruit and mentor! You’ll play a key part of bringing on other Narrative Designers and building Timbre’s culture
Your track record may include:
- 4+ years writing and telling immersive stories, in games or film
- An excellent understanding of non-linear narrative systems and structures
- Experience working on a AAA game from prototype through to launch
- Experience with narrative design or scriptwriting tools such as Final Draft, Twine, Inkle
- Highly skilled communication, both verbally and digitally, to different disciplines within the studio as well as external partners where required
- Ability to give as well as embrace constructive feedback and iterate efficiently
- Ability to scope workload and identify efficiencies
- Experience working with a team where people come first and culture isn’t defined by a cheesy poster on the wall
About Timbre Games:
Timbre Games are headed up by industry veterans in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Our experience stretches through mobile to AAA (think Gears of War, the Sims, SSX, FIFA, Age of Empires, among others!). We’re excited to build a ‘playoff ready’ studio that is centered on creativity, humour and diversity. We can’t wait to share our first project that we’re secretly working away on, and we welcome your application with open arms as we grow a world-class studio here in Canada!
· Competitive salary & benefits
· Annual bonus & RRSP matching
· 20 days paid vacation, plus Christmas week off
· Remote / Work from home / Flexible hours
· Open door policy with direct access to leadership
· Industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre Game’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered. We believe that culture drives creative, we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equality, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
DO I NEED TO MEET ALL CRITERIA TO APPLY?
Definitely not! If you share our mission of creating games that are accessible for everyone, we’d love to meet you and see what is possible!
If you believe you are who we’re looking for, contact us at: email@example.com
Please upload a link to your portfolio for us to review!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.