At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Online Engineering at Epic
What we do
Our team builds an SDK that exposes game services for third party game development teams all over the world: Epic Online Services. We currently focus on systems like matchmaking, player inventory, leaderboards, achievements, voice chat, parties, and more.
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 4. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic’s own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
What you’ll do
You will be the mobile platform expert. You will partner closely with backend services teams and other client teams, ensuring that the underlying systems we build are scalable and secure. You can expect to contribute across a variety of online game features and hardware platforms, not just mobile.
In this role, you will
- Architect features while addressing the unique challenges of mobile
- Work with client and backend teams to develop new systems
- Integrate feedback from external partners to evolve and improve existing features
- Be responsible for the successful delivery of our mobile SDKs
What we’re looking for
- Strong C++ skills
- Expertise in iOS and Android OS
- Performance layer on mobile
- Experience with memory profiling and resource management
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- History of shipping successful online games or applications
- Passion for games, great user experiences, and building products that serve the needs of multiple games
- Experience writing asynchronous systems with some of the logic on both the client and server
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees and dependents. We offer free drinks and snacks every day, lunches (2x/week), accident insurance (at work and leisure), life insurance, supplemental medical, dental insurance, public transportation, annual celebrations and game nights for employees and family members.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic