Senior Level Designer
1 month ago
Ready for your next adventure?!
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two & Zynga family, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
Socialpoint is currently looking forward to welcoming an experienced QA Lead for one of our New Games.
Join the challenge!
What will you do at Socialpoint?
As a Senior Level Designer at Social Point, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the level design strategy for a Free-to-Play (F2P) game based on levels. Your responsibilities include:
- Benchmarking and Quality Goals: Conduct benchmarking of similar games in the industry, extracting best practices, and setting clear quality goals.
- Level Creation: Create new levels using different tools, following high-level objectives set by the Product Leads.
- Continuous Improvement: Learn quickly to achieve expected quality and "fun factor" for the target game's audience.Identify weak points of the game and propose solutions to solve them
- Analyze and understand levels data to deliver insights and propose improvements. Analyze economy to soften or adjust it impact (boosters, gold, etc)
- Ownership of the Process: Take ownership of the level creation process, collaborating with developers and artists to oversee the implementation of new features and systems.
- Production Process Optimization: Improve and streamline the production process and content creation pipeline, applying efficient methodologies. Document and track the level creation pipeline, and Bugs/QA.
- Strategic Decision-Making: Determine the level design strategy, including layout, timing, gameplay elements, difficulty, and the overall fun factor of the game.
- Professional: Passionate about video games, proactive, and detail-oriented.
- Team Player: Able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Problem Solver: Capable of addressing challenges and finding effective solutions.
- Data-Driven: Always backup your ideas with available data points.
- Gamer: Games are a central part of your daily thoughts and activities.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in designing levels for F2P games
- Strong knowledge of level design, flow, pace, and challenge balance
- Usage and understanding of tools to get and process data (Tableau, Excel…)
- Unity or Unreal Engine knowledge.
- High proficiency in English.
- Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of casual F2P games
What's in it for you as a Socialpointer?
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- You’ll get the newest & most powerful devices & equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- An impressive 25 days annual leave plus the Christmas week, not including public holidays!
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, just in case!
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here)
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet)
- Monthly meal allowance
- Yearly parent pack
- Free Language Lessons.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you & our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
If you choose to work in the office some days, don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our benefits tied to the office;
- Want to stay in shape? We have state of the art gym facilities so you can level up your fitness game.
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet).
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now!
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation… It’s a trick question anyway – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.