Lead Level Designer
8 days ago
Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure!
Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, one being Bloodhunt, a battle royale twist to Vampire: The Masquerade. Collaboration for us is key and working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Design Team
The Design Team is a multi-disciplinary group focused on the delivery of compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenges and responsible for filtering the game vision into individual features, levels, combat, quests and encounters. The design team collaborates closely with all other disciplines to support features throughout the whole development lifecycle to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule.
What you will do
- Take ownership of the design of our game world, collaborating closely with all discipline directors to deliver our shared vision.
- Collaborate closely with the gameplay teams to define the metrics necessary for the low-level design of our world.
- Work alongside art and narrative leadership to design and deliver environments aligned with the lore and visual goals.
- Along with the production team, create a clear content production schedule for your team.
- Assist the tech team in defining and delivering the tools needed to meet the level and world design needs for the project.
- Proactively work with the recruitment team to identify any resources you need to meet the goals of the world’s design.
- Provide line management to the level design team, ensuring 1-on-1’s take place, performance reviews are held, and design team meetings are run regularly.
Who you are
- Someone highly experienced in level design who has shipped at least one high-profile title.
- A passionate gamer, preferably with a love for open-world and online games.
- An experienced lead who will ensure design workload is delivered on time and to quality.
- You have a demonstrable experience of delivering high quality level content in your previous work.
- A team member who can develop productive, lasting relationships across all disciplines.
- Motivated, flexible and approachable. You will champion quality across the team.
- An individual with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why in this role we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Taking ownership of the delivery of all world and level design content from the London studio for a big-budget, online title.
- Enhancing the world and level design over time, post-release, based on the feedback of our playing community.
- Identifying the support you need and ultimately building a team to provide it.
- Playing a vital role in a AAA team through proof of concept, pre-production, and production.
- Managing the more junior members of your team to ensure delivery goals are consistently met.