Lead Level Designer
14 days ago
As a Lead Level Designer you will work closely with the Level Design team, Game Designers, Environment Artists and Gameplay Programmers to help them implement all interactive content in games. The successful candidate will mainly participate in producing and designing levels, as well as script all gameplay elements within.
- Manage and mentor a team of Level Designers working on a game project;
- Strong involvement in the creative vision for the game especially as it pertains to it’s level design philosophy;
- Have strong oversight over the technical aspects of the level design production workflow;
- Participate in the integration of all interactive elements (images, animations, sounds, gameplay, etc.) directly or delegating;
- Define the locations of interactive objects and enemies;
- Create a list of useful tools for level design;
- Create a strict nomenclature to simplify group work;
- Double-check all content added to games to ensure quality and conformity.
About Gameloft Bucharest:
Gameloft Bucharest was created in 2000 with a passion for games that spawned 42 titles for all platforms, from Java to consoles.
Our games are recognized and praised by our players and by the industry. We take pride in our titles, from N.O.V.A, introduced on stage during the 2010 Apple Keynote as the first iPad game ever, to FPS benchmarks such as Modern Combat, with over 175 million downloads & Sniper Fury, with over 109 million downloads.
What can you expect from us?
- We are a 430 person game development studio in the greenest part of Bucharest;
- We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on our own games and ideas;
- You would work in a small agile team where everybody’s inputs are valued;
- The team is international, and we have several foreign colleagues;
- You will be using robust systems that serve millions of players;
- Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated;
- You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney;
- We don't have many meetings. :)
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you?
- Hybrid work (1-2 days from the office/week of your choice);
- Day off for your birthday and company’s anniversary;
- Free psychological counseling;
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic;
- Lunch tickets;
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style;
- A chance to work in a real multicultural environment;
- All the usual perks: cafeteria, free coffee, relaxation area, free gym etc.
- Excellent knowledge of multiple script languages;
- Good knowledge of game editors (Unreal and Unity);
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office and game prototype creation;
- Passion for video games and their history;
- Knowledge of 3D modelling software;
- Knowledge of 3D animation methods;
- Able to learn how to use new development tools;
- Excellent organizational skills and methodology;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the processes involved in creating video games;
- Good communication skills and able to work in a team;
- Fluent in English an asset.
You can apply with your English or Romanian CV.
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc...
Your CV will be reviewed by our hiring manager, and if he finds it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next, you will take a remote test, followed by a chat with hiring managers and HR. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
The whole process usually takes 3-4 weeks, but of course, it depends on how fast you can come to us.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 1-2 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Join our SURVEY
As part of our recruitment process, we would like to know more about your interests when applying to Gameloft via this Survey. Your honest answers will have no impact on whether you will get the job or not. They will only be used to support our continuous efforts to match our Employer brand with our candidate’s expectations .
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?Join The Game!
Why? Because joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audienceof 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partnerwith major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ 4,300 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.