Lead Hard Surface Artist
16 days ago
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
At Splash Damage, our Lead Hard Surface Artists are responsible to deliver expertly crafted mechanical assets ranging from: vehicles, robots, weapons, props, gadgets & deployables. They have a knowledge and passion for industrial and mechanical hard surface construction, it’s functionality and have the ability to create high-quality assets efficiently, achieving strong cohesive looks that elevates the player experience.
We trust our Lead Hard Surface Artists to manage, mobilise and mentor their teams. They are critical in establishing the pipelines and processes for the Hard Surface Team as well as setting the quality bar for others to follow.
- Bring the Art Directions vision and Aesthetics to life with excellent fidelity.
- Help building and maintaining Pipelines that are scalable and sustainable.
- Create believable and inspiring hard surface assets such as robots, vehicles, weapons, gadgets, deployables & more.
- Collaborate with the Design Team to maintain gameplay requirements and Tech Art to maintain performance requirements.
- Maintain quality, efficiency and consistency across your work. Adhere to schedules and meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of art principles including proportions, frequency of detail and flow.
- Good leadership and empathetic people management capability.
- Deep understanding of contemporary workflows. A real passion for games hard-surface and enthusiasm for playing games.
- Experience in creating 3D Art for video games and managing/mentoring staff; you have worked on several commercial game projects.
- Comfortable working autonomously; you can get the job done without close supervision and make smart decisions.
- The ability to efficiently interact and to communicate with team members of different departments.
Bonus Points for:
- Strong grasp and understanding of real-world mechanical functionality and design.
- Interest in mechanical, sci-fi and industrial design.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we'd love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.