Lead Gameplay Programmer
Montreuil Île-de-France fr
15 days ago
Working closely with the Senior Producer and the Technical Director of one of Ubisoft’s most famous brands, you will help defining the project’s technical orientation.
You will be responsible for the architecture, the production and the implementation of all the Gameplay features on the project. With strong management and technical skills, you will organize the production for the Gameplay Programming team, distribute the tasks and help your people communicate with other teams across several studios internationally.
As a key technical adviser for the project, you will have to understand and challenge the game design intentions to ensure the quality of our players’ experience.
- Transpose the design intentions into gameplay features that will improve the playability and the credibility of the game as well as the comfort of our players,
- Ensure that our coding standards and best practices are followed within the gameplay programming team,
- Tackle complex technical problems while keeping performance optimization in mind,
- Help the team with debugging and optimizing the code,
- Develop and use your prototyping skills,
- Ensure that the team writes and updates a proper technical documentation throughout the development of the project.
- Manage a team of 7+ gameplay programmers and unite them around the game’s creative vision,
- Communicate on a daily basis with the Core Team, along with other teams and parties involved,
- Prioritize the tasks for your team, follow and evaluate their work,
- Participate in meetings with other teams across several studios worldwide,
- Construct a team spirit and encourage creativity within your team,
- Share information and knowledge in your domain of expertise.
- Degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent,
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in gameplay programming with a first managerial experience,
- Mastery in C++ and knowledge of C#,
- Comfortable working in an Agile and iterative work environment,
- Good time-management skills,
- Ability to show attentiveness, empathy and integrity,
- Desire to grow and seek continuous improvement,
- Passion for the video game industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
The World of UBISOFT
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their goal to enrich the life of the players with memorable and original entertainment experiences. They give life to beautiful worlds where the imagination can express itself completely, resulting in moments of surprise, fun and adventure that allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of the imagination and technology to create worlds that will fascinate our players.
In the context of its development, Ubisoft is looking for new talents to join its production studio in Paris, where titles such as "Ghost Recon: Breakpoint", "Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle", "Just Dance 2020" or "Watch_Dogs Legion" have recently been developed.
Are you ready to take on new challenges?
Do you want to give beautiful experiences to the players? Come join us!