Join our award-winning God of War team
You’re adept at bridging game design and gameplay programming. If pressed, you might even admit you’re more designer than coder, but either way, you have significant experience on both sides of the fence, and are a collected, rational Voice of Reason, always willing to talk with anyone, no matter the subject – coding, game design, level design, politics, whatever.
You’re talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done – you help everyone else get things done, and bring together code and design so they can create something great. Sound interesting? Give us a shout!
AND NOW A WORD FROM (THE REST OF) MANAGEMENT…
- Participate in high-level discussions about the interaction between design and code, to both learn of direction and inform as to feasibility
- Collaborate with engineers to find robust, creative methods of implementing game features
- Collaborate with designers to encourage tight cooperation between design and code
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code as needed
- Support tools and technology for specific project requirements as needed
- Mentor, guide, and lead programmers and designers of all experience levels
- Collaborate in making plans and driving them to timely completion
- Exhibit pragmatic long view of systems to propose and guide necessary improvements
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years professional programming experience
- Expertise in C++
- Strong programming generalist with solid code architecture skills
- Strong understanding of what makes a game fun and interesting to play
- Proficient in linear algebra
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work across disciplines, with diverse team members who hold differing perspectives
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.We encourage everyone to respond.
We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.