Lead Gameplay Programmer
23 days ago
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
You will be a foundational hire in our UK Games Studio, helping us build the next generation of Games on our SpatialOS platform.
As part of the Improbable Game Studio, you will have an opportunity to define the next generation of deeply interactive online experiences. Help us create games that allow for new depths of simulation, destruction, and physical interaction at an unprecedented scale. Our technology allows us to experiment with genuinely new mechanics, both big and small. We're learning new skills within a massively networked environment that we believe is the future of gaming.
The impact to a project expected from a Team Lead Gameplay Programmer is focused on driving the gameplay team forward as a single unit.
Areas of Impact
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of Gameplay Programmer processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Communicate the status of software requirements and process to other departments.
- Collaborate with Design, Art, Animation, Audio, QA and work in tandem when needed.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the gameplay features within the game.
- Display a high degree of discipline in ensuring the team is following industry standard software engineering processes.
- Drive the team to create consistent, high quality gameplay features in industry standard timelines.
- Own the overarching delivery plan for gameplay within the game.
- Mentor other gameplay programmers
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Expert in communicating status of software initiatives and workloads to other departments.
- Expert in managing workload within the team.
- Excellent in distribution of work to team members with appropriate skill sets.
- Excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology.
- Excellent in managing workloads of Gameplay Programmers and identifying work that needs to be completed.
- 3+ years experience in C++
- Experience with Unreal would be preferable
- Able to create tutorials, guides, or other important documentation for more junior staff members.
- Able to mentor more junior members of the software team
While we think the above experience could be important, we can’t predict the future and so we’re keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.