Lead Gameplay Programmer
13 days ago
Lead Gameplay Programmer
As a Gameplay Programmer you will be working with our bespoke, cutting edge, multi-threaded engine to create gameplay mechanics and systems, which immerse players within the vast, yet highly detailed spacescapes of some of the most ambitious games ever developed.
Working with the latest PC hardware, technology and APIs, we develop an extensive range of highly realistic and systemic features to create 360 degree, tactical multi-player action, ranging from multi-crew space flight combat to planetary first-person shooter, and an abundance of different combat options to explore within the rich lore of Star Citizen and sharpen up your competitive skills in easy-to-access game modes.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What do our Lead Gameplay Programmers do?
As a Lead Programmer, you will ultimately be overseeing a team of talented Gameplay Programmers, however you will also be expected to:
- Assess the overall performance of the team, providing mentoring and guidance, and scheduling and allocating tasks.
- Providing team members with technical design solutions which are up to date on latest software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Drive engineering principles and practices for their teams, pushing boundaries and promoting new and innovative ways of working.
- Regularly contribute to the codebase to improve engine stability, performance, and features
- Communicate with other team members, internal and external customers (as required) to determine requirements.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
What do we expect from our Lead Programmers?
We expect our Lead Programmers to lead by example, therefore you should:
- Have experience programming game features and systems, especially player-visible game features.
- Be able to lead and mentor a team of programmers of various levels of experience and talents.
- Be comfortable working with C++ in a large, shared codebase.
- Have a good knowledge of 3D mathematics.
- Have experience with programming game features and systems.
- Be able to explain and present technical solutions to both programmers and team members from other disciplines.
We are always keen to hear from passionate and inspiring Lead Gameplay Programmers, so join the ‘verse and become our latest Star Citizen !
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.