This job might no longer be available.
Lead Gameplay Programmer (Unreal Engine, VR) [80-100k DOE]
9 months ago
We are Rayscape Games (https://www.rayscape.games/) . An indie studio based in the UK creating games for the Oculus Quest 2 and PCVR Platforms.
We are looking for a Lead Gameplay Programmer to join our growing Engineering team. You will be pivotal in shaping the game working alongside designers and artists to make an immersive and engaging VR experience.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced gameplay programmer with a passion for crafting excellent games. You will be responsible for building game features and ensuring quality of games are kept at a high standard. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to work for an exciting, new indie studio with some innovative games currently in development.
- Be responsible for the overall success of your team
- Mentor and provide feedback to team members, improving the volume and quality of work implemented
- Distill high-level feature designs into meaningful, actionable tasks, write up technical design documents and delegate to the team effectively
- Implement game features when required, Creating placeholder assets (Meshes, Materials, UI Layouts) where needed.
- Prototype, Architect, Refactor game systems during different phases of development
- Help other developers fix code issues when needed; being the Unreal expert in the team
- At least 4 years of experience developing games in Unreal
- Experience leading a team of gameplay engineers (Ideally on shipped AAA titles)
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect game systems and tools. Knowledge of the main Unreal Modules/API.
- Ability to prototype features in Blueprint and review developer code.
- Knowledge of all major Unreal editor systems (Blueprints, Animations, Materials, Particles etc)
- Performance profiling, optimization and refactoring experience.
- General knowledge of 3D asset creation pipelines and ability to create placeholder meshes and materials for prototyping
- Well versed in games and able to criticize what is strong/weak about existing games/systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Experience with full stack development, including UI/UX to backend. Solo game projects are a plus.
- Mobile development experience (Android Vulkan) a plus
- VR development experience a plus
- Knowledge of integrating 3rd party libraries/APIs: AI, Procedural Geometry, Backend Servers a plus
- Portfolio demonstrating capability in aforementioned fields
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Remote working with flexible hours
- Personal development opportunities building innovative game systems
- Working with high-skill professionals
- Employee share ownership
- Informal atmosphere in a growing studio
Interested? Contact us at email@example.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.