Lead Gameplay Engineer
15 days ago
At Turtle Rock, we make the games we want to play. We're dedicated to providing a collaborative environment where our team members feel empowered with the creative freedom to contribute and grow. While we are based in Orange County, CA, we support flexible work arrangements ranging from in-studio, hybrid, to fully remote throughout North America. Join our award-winning game development team and help create our next AAA title.
We are looking for a Lead Gameplay Engineer to be a part of our development team. This role is a perfect blend of creative and programming where you will work with our engineers, designers and artists to tackle the challenges of creating, implementing and optimizing new systems and tools for our exciting upcoming project!
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement a variety of gameplay systems
- Work closely with the Gameplay Tech Director and design teams to craft memorable gameplay experiences
- Write core systems that will form the basis of the gameplay experience
- Use existing technology to achieve new and unique game features
- Profile and optimize code to meet memory and CPU budgets
- Provide mentorship and coaching for team members including but not limited to: 1:1s, career developments, performance evaluations, and goal setting.
- +7 years of professional game programming experience
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Strong leadership, mentorship, and teaching abilities
- Shipped at least one AAA title as a gameplay programmer
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Strong animation, physics, or network experience is a big plus
- Experience with UE4 or UE5
- Previous work on Multiplayer Action Games and FPS's is desirable
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
- Flexible work environment allowing you to work in-studio as many days a week or full time remotely
- Medical, Dental, Vision 100% covered for you and your family
- 401k matching
- Profit sharing
- Student Loan Paydown Plan / College Savings Plan
- Career Improvement Plan
- Flexible time off policy
- Fully stocked kitchen and sponsored food trucks
- Awesome company events, including in-person family celebrations, annual Halloween bash, and virtual gatherings throughout the year
The estimated base pay range for this role is: $140,000 - $195,000
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.