Lead Gameplay Engineer - Metaverse Solutions
18 days ago
We’re leading the way in defining what the metaverse can be. This is where you get to explore interconnected, immersive, exciting worlds that have never been seen before and where you decide what the future looks like. Are you ready?
You will be part of the Metaverse Solutions group, the premier organisation for servicing and solving the problems of our metaverse. You will be working alongside experienced game developers familiar with all aspects of the game development lifecycle, including production, art, design, technology, and operations. You will be working with notable names from the industry who are our partners and customers. As this is a growing area of Improbable, you will be directly involved in shaping both the technical and commercial direction of how metaverse experiences are developed and launched.
- Own the entire software development process and the overarching technical delivery plan within a customer project.
- Own the design of our development infrastructure and interface with other groups within Improbable to keep the customer project running smoothly.
- Expected to give and organise consistent and constructive critique on the code quality and tools within the customer project.
- Own the discipline-specific expectations of the software team and ensure they are being delivered upon.
- Drive the team to create consistent, high-quality code/tools in industry-standard timelines.
- Proactively engage in creating world-class, scalable teams that can innovate technically and experience-wise.
- Lead technical innovation in the metaverse experience space, helping industry-leading brands and IPs engage with their community in innovative ways never seen before.
- Own the overarching delivery plan for gameplay within the game/experiences.
- Enable never before seen gameplay experiences that redefine what metaverse experiences can be and expand on real life's capabilities.
Why You’re Made for This:
- Successful history of interaction/collaboration with other development disciplines (e.g. engineering interactions with design, art, production, QA), and work with them in tandem when needed.
- Experienced with managing senior and junior programmers across multiple engineering disciplines(e.g. rendering, gameplay, networking, engine, tools, etc.), enabling them to excel and improve both themselves and the team around them using methods such as coaching, tutorials, and other important documentation.
- Lead by example, displaying a high degree of discipline in ensuring the team is following industry-standard software engineering processes. Through your work, other engineers understand and adopt best practices.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and C++ (preferable)
- A track record of heavy involvement in the creation of Gameplay features and content pipelines/workflows to aid technical designers.
- An expert in a Gameplay Programmer skill-set (e.g.: Programming, debugging, maths, etc…) with shipped products that show an end-to-end understanding of the process.
- You maintain a deep understanding of common game technologies and general software development to a high standard.
- You give constructive criticism on the quality of the gameplay features within the game/experiences we build.
- You drive the team to create consistent, high-quality, scalable gameplay features and systems in industry-standard timelines.
Everyone brings different experiences, perspectives, knowledge, and skills that make each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences in this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.