Lead Game Producer, Live Ops - Hearthstone
23 days ago
Job Title:Lead Game Producer, Live Ops - Hearthstone
Pull up a chair and join us!! The Hearthstone team is looking for a Lead Producer to join our ranks and head up our Live Operations! We have a ton of stuff in the works, and we need your help to stay focused, organized and to improve those pipelines! The ideal candidate is self-directed, has experience improving workflows and loves Hearthstone. You will be expected to own and produce a section of the team and evolve how we work while delivering on time with high quality. If that sounds like fun to you, we should talk!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Ownership of the tactical execution and ongoing support of the Hearthstone live operations team.
- Build, maintain and evolve a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate developers, serve as custodian of team health, set an example of positivity and foster a culture of success.
- Coach and guide the production team toward defining and achieving their career goals.
- Act as a live service owner, proactively driving issue prevention, diagnosis, mitigation, and root cause analysis.
- Set strategic and tactical direction for our Live Operations team.
- Establish best in class processes for managing and monitoring releases at a rapid cadence.
- Partner with other Hearthstone game teams and advocate for sustainable and consistent solutions.
- Communicate effectively with leadership teams at all levels on project status, risks, and opportunities.
- Ensure that our game provides a highly reliable experience for our players.
- Coordinate with embedded and external teams within Blizzard to ensure our game is using supported technologies.
- Work with engineering staff and other leads of the Hearthstone team to prioritize tasks and track development.
- Serve as an active partner within the larger Hearthstone team leadership group identifying risks and working collaboratively to improve the sustainability of our engineering efforts.
- Build relationships and leading implementation of shared initiatives across all things Hearthstone, and within Blizzard.
- Participating in on-call rotations for our live game.
- Contribute to the culture and discipline of Production at Blizzard.
- Help maintain the fun and whimsical team vibe.
- Experience building high functioning teams.
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills, both for your own work and for the team.
- Easy to work with for all disciplines and levels, from associate-level individual contributors up to the team’s directors.
- Experience working in a live environment.
- Able to develop long-term relationships across partner teams within the organization.
- Knowledge of software development processes and/or strong project management skills.
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Actively plays Hearthstone
- Proficient with Jira and Confluence
- Direct experience in software engineering
- A strong curiosity for how things work