This job might no longer be available.
Lead Game Developer Engineer
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
10 months ago
About the team
The engineering team at Wildlife Studios is divided in 5 areas: data engineering, game development, backend, graphics and tools. Our game developers engineers work in squads, divided by game, which are usually composed of 5 to 8 people that includes: a Product Manager, a Tech Lead, a Lead Artist and other game engineers. All team members are co-creators of one single game, being responsible for all its technical aspects such as: handling with the whole technology stack, backend and frontend development, implementing features and fixing bugs.
About the role
As a tech lead you will participate in the full cycle of the game development. You will be responsible to design and implement: gameplay, progression and on-boarding experience. Also, you will be responsible for making core decisions such as overall architecture and choosing the technology stack.
As a leader of the team, you'll be responsible for guiding and developing highly-skilled engineers and will work closely with other managers and leaders to improve our processes and ensure we have a world-class engineering organization.
More about you
- Self-driven. You have a go-getter attitude, exceptional organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks.
- You are a self-aware, clear communicator with empathy towards the people you work with.
- You are player focused. You have empathy with our players and focus on ensuring that they have an amazing experience.
- You're innovative and highly creative, and constantly looking for new technologies and ways to improve our stack.
- You're flexible, bold, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited team; you are passionate about working on and solving problems.
- You are a team player. You're willing to help out wherever needed .
What you'll do
- Be part of the full cycle of game development that in the end will be played by millions of people every day;
- Partner with lead artist and product manager in leading the game’s project; defining the project roadmap and resources allocation;
- Define what technologies will be used in development;
- Define processes that will be used by the team to increase efficiency;
- Design, implement and test features of our games;
- Balance your time between coding and mentoring;
- Review the architectural design of proposed solution from other team members
- Code review of other team members;
- Collaborate with people from other teams, such as graphics, backend, tools and data science;
What you'll need
- 5+ years of software development professional experience;
- 2+ years working as Tech Lead or Manager;
- Solid understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc);
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in the game industry;
- Experience working as game developer;
- Experience working with Unity 3D or other game engines;
- Passionate about games;
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.