Lead Game Designer - Top Troops!
27 days ago
Ready for your next adventure?!
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two Interactive and Zynga family, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
What this mission will ask of you:
- Set the direction of the game design for the game, making sure that the new features, events and experiences that we deliver to the players are fun and enjoyable.
- Design systems and/or features for a live or new game for the mobile market.
- Transform high-level goals into detailed specifications that developers can understand and execute.
- Cooperate with a multidisciplinary team, providing design inputs and own designs from concept to launch.
- Present proposals for games or features. Work closely with the product team to define goals and follow up on results.
- Iterate on your idea, fine tuning features and testing by yourself and with your team & players until you make them great.
- Perform balancing on areas of the game as needed (combat, progression, rewards, controls, etc.)
Along with your team, you will be free to innovate, take risks, try, fail, try again, learn & grow. You will have ownership over your own process & you will inspire & be surrounded by inspiring professionals.
To join our Guild you'll need:
- You are passionate about games and have an intuitive and deep sense for fun.
- Excellent communication and team-player attitude. Always open to collaborating and getting feedback.
- Analytical mindset and understanding of basic product KPIs
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of product KPIs, with a focus on bringing value to the business.
- Great focus and organization, able to take problems one by one and solving them before moving to the next one
- Ability to abstract problems and think in terms of systems, functions and experience
- Strong numerical skills and experience with visualizing numbers in a readable format (graphs, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of the mobile gaming market and familiar with popular titles
- Understanding of free-to-play mechanics, monetization and best practices
- Extensive background as a gamer (especially on mobile but PC/console/tabletop is a bonus)
- 4+ years experience in game design, 1+ years on a live game with at least 1 full release cycle
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
Bonus if you:
- Familiar with conceptualizing, setting and running AB tests
- Knowledge and experience with complex in-game economies
What's in it for you as a Socialpointer?
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- You’ll get the newest & most powerful devices & equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, plus the Christmas week!
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, just in case!
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here)
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet)
- Monthly meal allowance
- Yearly parent pack
- Free Language Lessons.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you & our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
Check out some of our benefits tied to the office;
- Want to stay in shape? We have state of the art gym facilities so you can level up your fitness game.
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet).
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now!
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and fosters diversity and work-life balance. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.