This job might no longer be available.
Lead External Development Artist
20 days ago
We are DICE, the award-winning studio with locations in Stockholm and Gothenburg, Sweden, best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise.
We are now part of a set of global studios building a connected Battlefield universe, developing Battlefield's one-of-a-kind multiplayer suite, while also building a team to support our new Seattle-based studio, Ridgeline Games, who are leading the development of a single-player narrative campaign. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products, and are always looking for diverse game creators to join us in Stockholm, Gothenburg, or working remotely, to help us build the best Battlefield experiences and make our studio the best in the industry.
We are looking for a Lead External Development Artist to manage our partner teams in building realistic environments and facilitating the collaboration with our internal artists, exercising empathy and support in who you are as a leader. Experience-wise you have worked as a lead artist or are an artist with several years of experience in external development, ready to take on leadership. Reporting to the Content Production Director, you have subject matter expertise in environmental composition and art production with a passion for working with teams to create something greater than you could by yourself.
Role and Responsibility of a Lead External Development Artist:
- Work together with Environment Art Director to support external artists in delivering environment assets promptly and to quality.
- Support internal artists in their daily work to facilitate good collaboration with our external teams.
- Hold regular meetings with external teams. You'll support them, give feedback and build their skills long-term.
- Collaborate with leads across departments to create assets that not only look great but also match tech requirements, thinking game first.
- Delegate tasks while enabling artists to feel control of their work.
- Question and improve our production processes together with partners, clarifying them to the team through presentations and documentation.
Skillset of a Lead External Development Artist:
- An artistic eye with the ability to get the best out of artists in their teams through feedback and support.
- A propensity for building relationships across seniority levels and helping people develop throughout their career.
- Capability in managing backlogs, scoping to deadlines and constraints while managing your workload through delegation and collaboration.
- Experience in environment art workflows, including asset production, photogrammetry and PBR texturing, referring to experts for specialist level knowledge.
- Knowledge of environment production process with an interest to collaborate with partners to improve the way we work.
Remote possible in any of the hire locations in the list.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.